TWRA Boat Certification


Did you know that the library can administer the Boater’s Safety Test? Just bring in your TWRA Type 600 boating safety exam permit from any business (license agent) that sells hunting and fishing licenses (Walmart, sporting goods, bait stores, marinas, etc.) to the front desk. The Tennessee mandatory boating education law is similar to the driver’s license law. You acquire the study materials, study, and then take an approved boating safety exam administered by an approved representative of the TWRA.  Any Tennessee resident born after January 1, 1989 must show the TWRA-issued wallet Boating Safety Education Certificate as proof of successful completion of the TWRA Boating Safety exam. No other certificate will be accepted as meeting the requirements of the law.

info icon

Contact us

info icon


Access Account