Our mission at the Clyde W. Roddy Public Library is to provide quality customer service, with free and equal access to resources that meet the informational, cultural and recreational needs of our citizens of Rhea County. The Clyde W. Roddy Public Library is the learning center of our community and the place people turn to for the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading and the power of information. Community needs drive our services and we take a personal interest in ensuring that they are delivered in a welcoming, convenient and responsive manner.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Library Core Values
- The Library is driven by community needs.
- Free basic library services are offered to our community.
- A person’s right to use a library will not be denied or abridged because of origin, age, background, or views.
- The Library actively promotes and defends the principles of intellectual freedom and acquires materials which represent the widest diversity of views and expressions.
- We value our patrons.
- We value our employees.
- We encourage innovation and creativity.
- We actively promote our services and the use of our collections by all segments of our diverse populations.
- We provide materials and services which lead to an informed and literate citizenry.
- We value ethical, fiscally responsible stewardship of public resources.